Our 2022 summer tournament season came to an end this past weekend! I would like to thank all the parents and players who participated in our summer program.
Below are a couple highlights from this summer's program:
- As a program, we played in 33 games this summer.
- Scored 202 total goals.
- Had 2 former players (Jack Rice and Wes Scurci) lead our U12 and U10 teams to victory.
- 3 Mars High School assistants coached our U14 boys this summer and help prepare them for the next level of their lacrosse career.
- With limited full field experience our U10 team played up in a U12 division and saw great success by going 2-2 at Clash in Canton.
- Mars U12 team won the Championship at Clash in Canton.
- Mars U10 made it to the Championship at Niagara Lacrosse Classic and received 2nd place.
- Mars U14 went 4-1 at Niagara and won 3rd place in an Overtime thriller
- Mars U12 might not of got the results they wanted in Niagara, but they showed grit and played in very physical and close games all weekend at Niagara. With 2 games being called early due to the physicality of the game.
- Played in 3 different tournaments in 3 different states
- Traveled over 850 miles throughout the summer.
- We had over 100 different players play for Mars Youth Lacrosse this summer
No other local youth organization in Western Pa is doing this and we hope you are just as proud as we are...
With all of that said, every single player that played this summer is now a better lacrosse player! Yes, there were ups and downs throughout the summer, but it was truly amazing to watch all of the boys grow as men and as players!
We would personally like to thank the following "Guest" coaches for assisting us this summer: PIAA Champion coaches Kyle Savage, Stephen Latona, and Jordon Hodder. Former Mars player Jack Rice and PIAA Champion Wes Scurci. Thank you for your dedication to Mars Youth Lacrosse and we look forward to having you back next summer!
We would also like to thank all the Mars Youth Lacrosse Coaches who have assisted throughout the summer. There are way too many to list, but you know who you are :). Thank you for all the time you have spent to ensure our boys were ready to go this summer. Without you, none of this would be possible!
Also, I'd like to give a special shout out to the 79ers Lacrosse Club. Their players assisted us at Clash in Canton and Niagara Lacrosse Classic for our U14 team. Thank you for helping us grow the game of lacrosse in western PA!
And last but definitely not least, we would like to thank all of YOU.... the parents and players! We realize the time and commitment it took from all of you to make this summer a success. Hopefully you had as much fun as we did and we hope to see you all again next summer.